Is the WSS v3 version actually compiled for the proper version?

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I've run into issues with the WSS v3 version of the Site Recycle Bin now in two separate installations, both times where the platform is reporting an error when an expected value is returned as NULL. The first system it happened during deployment of the WSP, in the second environment I was able to deploy the WSP successfully but received the error in the SharePoint UI whenever a user tried to create a web (subsite) underneath an existing site collection or web.

So I opened up the .DLL in the .WSP with Reflector and took a look around to see if I could get a better understanding of what value was being passed in as NULL and how I could remedy that problem. Reflector kept prompting me for the Microsoft.SharePoint.dll file (this was on a Windows 7 workstation w/o SharePoint installed on it), and the thing I noticed was that it was looking for the 14.0.0.0 version of the .DLL file.

Now, I realize that this may be something where it would gracefully retrograde back to the 12.0.0.0 version of the .DLL if the 14.0.0.0 is not present on the server (as would be the case with a WSS v3 or MOSS 2007 environment), but it struck me as odd. So I just wanted to double check and make sure that the version posted for WSS v3 is definitely compatible w/ that platform before getting too far into my investigation.

Thanks,

John

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM

This has been resolved in the latest released added 2/3/2011.