Migration of "MS.IT.SiteDeleteCapture"

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Hi,

A MOSS 2007 farm have the "MS.IT.SiteDeleteCapture" wsp solution installed. When doing a migration (or rather running the cmdlet Test-SPContentDatabase) I get an error that the assembly is missing.

So I installed the new package but the cmdlet still complains about the missing the assembly (obviously because the new WSP package installed another assembly).

How can this error be avoided? Will Test-SPContentDatabase honour a assembly redirect in web.config?

Regards,

// Henrik

Error message:

Category       : MissingAssembly

Error           : True

UpgradeBlocking : False

Message         : Assembly [MS.IT.SiteDeleteCapture, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=n

eutral, PublicKeyToken=98e95e81f8e48206] is referenced in the

database [intramoss_big_migration], but is not installed on

the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which c

ontains this assembly.

Remedy         : One or more assemblies are referenced in the database [intram

oss_big_migration], but are not installed on the current farm

. Please install any feature or solution which contains these

assemblies.

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Deactivate the Feature at the Web application level, retract, and remove the solution and then run Test-SPContentDatabase.

Feb 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I am currently working on migrating a 2007 farm to 2010. During export of several of my sites, the export errors out because it can't find the feature folder and file that apparently is still attached to the sites.

Failed to find the XML file at location '12\Template\Features\MSITSiteFeature\Feature.xml'

I had previously retracted and uninstalled the tool. I no longer have the software. Some of the sites say that I need to reinstall and then remove again. If so, where can I find the software as it no longer appears to be available from codeplex?

Thanks.

Kathy